Works in Progress
Presenting a draft of "Take It Outside! National Identity Contestation in the Foreign Policy Arena," recently published in European Journal of International Relations, at the 2014 World Congress for Middle Eastern Studies at Middle East Technical Institute in Ankara. Next to me are colleagues Moritz Pieper (center) and Octavius Pinkard from one of my alma maters, the University of Kent's Brussels School of International Studies.
- Identity Politics Inside Out: National Identity Contestation and Foreign Policy in Turkey. Forthcoming with Oxford University Press: expected 2017.
- “Rethinking Sticks and Stones: Interaction Effects of Opposition Satire and Government Insult on Protest Escalation Dynamics.”
- "To Be Continued? Missed Opportunities in Resolving Turkey's Kurdish Conflict."
- "Leader of the Pack? Identity Politics in the Foreign Policy Preferences of Emerging Regional Leaders.”
- "It's MY Party... Holidays as Sites of Minority Identity Contestation in Non-Democratic Regimes,” with Allison Quatrini.
- "Brothers in Arms or in Name Only? Parsing Pan-Turkist Ties and Turkish Foreign Policy."
- "Tipping Points of Talking Points: Life Cycles of Religious Discursive Signifiers," with Güneş Ertan.
Discussing resolutions to the Kurdish conflict with colleagues at ISA (Atlanta 2016)